Santa Maria del Pi church is located in the Plaza del Pi Barcelona Catalan Gothic declared National Cultural Heritage in 1931.
The construction of the present Gothic church is due to the early fourteenth century. Consisting existence since 1321 in the chapel of San Clemente and San Lorenzo in 1332 and worked in the fourth section of the ship, which was covered in the second half of the fourteenth century.
Peter of Aragon made donations in 1379 to start the tower, which was completed during the works that directed the master Bartomeu Mas, from 1460 until his death in 1497.
The 1428 Catalonia earthquake caused serious damage to the church, especially in the front.
It consists of a large nave (54 meters long and 17.50 meters wide and 27 meters high), with polygonal apse and side chapels located between the buttresses Gothic. The apse is covered by a round radial also takes the first section of the chapels seven laps there in the rest of the ship. At the foot of the temple is the heart.
The main facade, above the doorway is a large rosette of twelve arms of the fourteenth century, destroyed in a fire in 1936 and rebuilt in 1943 by architect Josep Maria Jujol, based on photographs and on study of rosettes monasteries Pedralbes and Sant Cugat. The facade is dominated by two octagonal towers, one on each side. It also is the huge octagonal bell southern side of the head, body exempt, 54 meters high and the base walls have a thickness of 3.55 meters. On the opposite side is the front side and the apse that have a continuous wall with windows between the buttresses on these is an octagonal turret containing a staircase that allows access to the roof. On the foothills of the front side you can still see the remains of the bell gable, where the bells had to be built before the bell today.